Samsung Galaxy S4 mini i9195 is the LTE version of S4 mini series. This post will guide you how to root Samsung Galaxy S4 mini i9195. This post is particularly for i9195 version of Galaxy S4 mini. Trying this method for other models may brick your phone.
Before We Root
Rooting is a safe process but you never know what would happen next. This is why you should always create a backup of your android device. Also create a backup of your contacts and text messages because you may lose all your data during the process. You can also make a backup of your apps and games using your Google account and you can restore the apps once the process is completed.
Make sure that your phone is running the Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware. If your phone is not on 4.4.2 KitKat, follow the guide here to update your samsung galaxy s4 mini to official android 4.4.2 KitKat.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy S4 mini i9195 LTE
Rooting Samsung Galaxy S4 mini i9195 is is a simple process if you follow the guide accordingly. Do not forget to backup your device before rooting your phone. Just follow the steps below to root your Samsung Galaxy S4 mini i9195 easily using CF Auto Root.
Before beginning the rooting process, make sure that you fulfill the following conditions:
- Charge your phone battery more than 50%
- Enable ‘USB Debugging’
- Download CF Auto Root GT i9195 in your PC
- Download and install Samsung drivers
- Download Odin v3.07 (You can use any version of Odin)
Once you have fulfilled the above conditions, you’re ready to proceed to rooting. Follow the steps below:
- Unzip the CF Auto Root folder in your PC that you downloaded above.
- After unzipping, you will see a file in the folder named “CF-Auto-Root-serranolte-serranoltexx-gti9195.zip”
- Unzip the Odin folder in your PC
- Right click on Odin icon and select ‘Run as administrator‘
- Now you need to run your phone in ‘Download Mode‘. (Turn off your phone > Remove the battery > Reinsert the batter > Press ‘volume down’ + ‘home’ + ‘power’ keys together for a little while until you see warning screen > Press ‘volume up’ button)
- Connect your phone with your PC
- As soon as you connect your phone with your PC, you will see ID:COM block turning blue. You’ll also get ‘added’ message when your phone is connected properly.
- Click on PDA button in Odin (‘AP’ button if you’re using Odin v3.09 or higher)
- Choose the file ‘CF-Auto-Root-serranolte-serranoltexx-gti9195.md5’ and click open.
- Make sure that ONLY ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F. Reset Time’ options are tick marked.
- Click ‘start’
- Odin will flash this file for you in couple for minutes.
- Sit back and relax until your phone is rebooted.
- You will see ‘Pass’ message in Odin when the file is flashed successfully.
- Wait for your phone to reboot automatically.
Once your phone is rebooted, go to the menu and look for SuperUser app. If you have that app in your phone, it means that your phone has been rooted.
You can also check if your device is rooted by an app in Play Store, Root Checker.
Feel free to leave us a comment below. We’d be glad to help.
Q. My phone always reboots in the recovery mode.
- Restart your phone.
- It will start in recovery mode.
- Choose “wipe data/factory reset”
- Select ‘Yes’ with power button.
- Wait for your phone to reset cache.
- Now choose “wipe cache partition”
- Select ‘Yes’ with the power button.
- Wait for the cache to reset.
- Now choose “Reboot system now”.
Q. My phone is stuck on Samsung logo.
- Turn off your phone.
- Start your phone in the recovery mode.
- Choose ‘wipe data/factory reset’
- Select yes and wait for the phone to wipe the data.
- Now choose ‘wipe cache partition’ and wait for the phone to clear the cache.
- Reboot the phone and you’re done.