Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini i9195 LTE is a great android phone with 1.7 Ghz Dual core processor and 1.5 GB RAM. It comes with the stock Android 4.4.2 Jelly Bean.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini i9195 LTE to Android 4.4.2 KitKat
Before you begin the updating process, you must read and fulfill the following conditions.
- This post is for “Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini i9195 LTE” model only. Check the exact model of your phone by going to settings > about phone.
- Charge your phone’s battery to at least 50%.
- Install Samsung USB drivers on your PC.
- Connect your phone to your PC to make sure that your USB cable is working properly.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone.
- Download and extract Odin v3.09 in your PC.
Once you have read and fulfilled all the conditions carefully, you are ready to proceed to the update process. Follow the steps below to update Update Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini i9195 LTE to Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
- Download the official firmware for your Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini i9195 LTE here. [Note: In order to download the firmware, you will have to register a free account.]
- Extract the firmware file tar.md5 in your PC.
- Now right click on the Odin icon that you extracted earlier, and select “run as administrator”.
- Put your phone in Download Mode. (Turn off your phone > Remove the battery > Reinsert the battery > Press ‘volume down’ + ‘home’ + ‘power’ keys together for a little while until you see warning screen > Press ‘volume up’ button)
- Once your phone is in download mode, connect it with your PC with the USB cord.
- Wait for the Odin to detect the phone.
- When you phone is detected, click “AP” button in Odin. [PDA button in Odin v3.07 or lower.]
- Choose the firmware tar.md5 file that you downloaded in step 1.
- Make sure that ONLY ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F. Reset Time’ options are tick marked.
- Click ‘start’.
- Odin will flash this file for you in couple of minutes.
- Sit back and relax until your phone is rebooted.
- You will see ‘Pass’ message in Odin when the file is flashed successfully.
- Wait for your phone to reboot automatically. It may take up to 10 mins to boot your device for the first time after the update.
That’s it. You have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini i9515 LTE to Android 4.4.2 KitKat Official. Feel free to leave a comment if you are facing any problems.