Install APK with Data or OBB File on Android
OBB file is a file that developers create along with some APK packages to support the application. The OBB files contain bundles of large assets. These files carry encrypted data including media and graphics that is not included in the APK file.
This post will tell you how to install the APK files that have the ‘Data file’ or ‘OBB file’ with them. This post covers 2 ways of installing APK with OBB files:
- How to install APK with OBB directly to your android device
- How to install APK with OBB using a PC or laptop
If you are looking for the guide on ‘how to install simple APK (without data or OBB files) on your android phone, click here.
It is easy to install APK files with OBB data using a PC or a laptop. However, you can still install APK files with OBB directly on your android device. You need to have ES File Explorer app on your android device if you want to install the APK with OBB data directly on your android device.
To install the APK with OBB/Data, you will need to have:
- APK file
- OBB or Data folder (usually a zip file downloaded from internet)
Install APK with OBB file using a PC or a Laptop
After getting all the required files you need to connect your phone with your PC via USB cable or Bluetooth connection.
[su_note note_color=”#f1f1f1″ text_color=”#000000″ radius=”4″]You can also use a memory card for this purpose.[/su_note]
Install APK on Your Android Phone
First you need to install the APK file on your android phone. In order to do that, simply follow the steps below:
- Place the APK file in your phone’s SDcard or Internal memory (preferably external SDcard).
- Browse your phone memory/external memory and tap on the APK file.
- Click ‘install’
- Wait for the APK to install.
- Do not run the application yet.
- After successful installation, you need to place the Data / OBB file in the right place.
[su_note note_color=”#f1f1f1″ text_color=”#000000″ radius=”4″]If you are unable to install the APK file, click here to learn how to install APK file accurately.[/su_note]
Where to put the OBB or Data file?
- First of all unzip/extract the downloaded OBB or Data file in your PC or laptop.
- Copy the ‘Data’ folder and place it into the given path:[su_note note_color=”#f6f6f6″]External SD Card > Android > Data > **paste the folder here**[/su_note]
In case of OBB files, copy the OBB folder and place it in the given path here: [su_note note_color=”#f6f6f6″]External SD Card > Android > OBB > **paste the folder here**[/su_note]
- If you cannot find the OBB or Data folder, you can create a new folder manually.
- Make sure that the files are successfully copied in your SDcard.
- Disconnect your phone from PC.
- Run the APK file now.
That’s it. You have successfully complete the process. You can now enjoy the full features of APK on your android phone.
How to Install APK with OBB directly on your android device
It is even easier to install APK with OBB files directly on your android device. Just follow the steps below.
[su_list icon=”icon: angle-double-right” icon_color=”#1bd400″]
- Install the app ‘ES File Explorer’ on your android device.
- Download the desired APK file and OBB zip file in your android device. (You can download it in the internal memory or the external memory.)
- Once you have downloaded the APK and the OBB file, open ES File Explorer that you installed in step 1.
- Locate the APK file, click on it and select ‘install’.
- Wait until the installation is complete. (Do not run the game yet.)
- Now you need to place the OBB file in the right place. In order to do so, locate the OBB file in your device.
- Click on the OBB file. (it asked, choose ‘ES zip viewer).
- After the OBB zip file is open, you will see a small box with an arrow on the top right. This is the ‘extract’ button as shown in the image.
- Click on the extract button.
- Now you have to choose the path where you want to extract the content.
- Select ‘choose path’ and click on the box below it.
- It will open a box where you can choose the path.
- Click on the folder named ‘Android’
- Now click ‘obb’. (Note: If you don’t see any obb folder, click on the + sign on the top right to create a new folder. Rename this folder to ‘obb’.)
- Click ‘ok’
- Now you will see the selected path (sdcard/Android/obb).
- Click ‘ok’ again.
- Wait for the files to extract.
That’s it. Now you are ready to play your favorite game.
Feel free to leave a comment below. Thank you